My new MacBook (Pro/Air) battery does not work properly.
Is the capacity not satisfactory? Does the indication for the capacity fluctuate?
There might be a chance to get the battery to start working correctly.
- charge it until it reaches 100% (whatever mAh it says)
- unplug the MacBook and use it until it goes into hibernation
- wait until it shuts off completely and let it rest for at least 2 hours
- then recharge it again to 100% and let it rest connected for at least one hour
- now perform a SMC reset:
- make sure the computer is shut down and connected to a power source.
- on the left side of the built-in keyboard, press the ⇧shift + ctrl +⌥alt keys and the power button at the same time.
- release all the keys and the power button at the same time.
- turn on the computer.
If this should not prove successful, please contact us for further action.
With the free program "CoconutBattery" you can read the status of your battery.
Maybe you can send us a screenshot of the CoconutBattery status.