My new MacBook (Pro/Air) battery does not work properly.
Is the capacity not satisfactory? Does the indication for the capacity fluctuate?
There might be a chance to get the battery to start working correctly.
- charge it until it reaches 100% (whatever mAh it says)
- unplug the MacBook and use it until it goes into hibernation
- wait until it shuts off completely and let it rest for at least 2 hours
- then recharge it again to 100% and let it rest connected for at least one hour
- now perform a SMC reset:
- make sure the computer is shut down and connected to a power source.
- on the left side of the built-in keyboard, press the ⇧shift + ctrl +⌥alt keys and the power button at the same time.
- release all the keys and the power button at the same time.
- turn on the computer.
If this should not prove successful, please contact us for further action.
With the free program " CoconutBattery" you can read the status of your battery.
Maybe you can send us a screenshot of the CoconutBattery status.